Terms & Conditions
We like to treat our customers in a way we would like to be treated ourselves!
We value each and every customer, and will do all we can to help make your shopping with us as easy and trouble free as possible, we don't want any problems for you or us. But as with every other web site here's all the legal stuff.
For the supply of goods through Lauryn James’s website.
You are connected to the User Agreement for Lauryn James, registered address 1Mrket Place Carrickfergus Co.Antrim N.Ireland BT38 7AW . This service is operated by Lauryn James (in this Agreement, "Lauryn James", "we", "us" or "our").
1. The Contract between you and us
When buying goods or services on the internet, you are entering a legally binding contract. We must receive payment in whole for the price of the goods that you order before your order can be accepted.
We will email you to confirm that your order has been received by us to the email address provided by you in association with your Lauryn James account. This is not an Order Acceptance from Lauryn James.
Our acceptance of your order takes place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we notify you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order in accordance with clause 3. You will receive another email once your order is dispatched.
Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. Only adults (persons aged 18 and over) are entitled to enter into legally binding contracts and as a result are the only people entitled to transact through this site. Any other individuals who are unable to perform legally binding contracts are prohibited from ordering goods using this site. If you do not qualify do not use this site.
2. Pricing, Discount Codes, Gift Voucher/e-voucher Redemption & Prize Draws
1. The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website. All of our prices are stated in UK Pounds (£)
2. If you purchase from outside the
3. Prices shown in the AMOR catalogue are correct at the time of going to print but are subject to change.
2. Promotional/Discount codes.
1. Promotional discount codes may occasionally be published by us or through third parties which may apply in respect of any, or particularly designated, purchases made though this website. Such codes may only be applied to purchases of full-price items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounts.
2. Further to the above, discount codes for free gift items can only be redeemed in conjunction with the purchase of a full -price item.
3. Discount codes cannot be applied to purchases of Gift Vouchers or e-vouchers.
3. Special Offers & Free Delivery.
1. All special offers available for purchase without the use of a promotional/discount code are limited whilst stocks last.
2. Multi-buy product offers can be withdrawn at any time.
3. Free Delivery offers apply to standard delivery only and do not include express/next day delivery options. Such offers may be extended or removed at any time.
4. Gift Voucher Redemption
1. Lauryn James Gift Vouchers can be exchanged for goods in Lauryn James and can also be used when placing a postal order. Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed online.
2. Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
3. Cancellation Rights
1. Cancellation by you
1. Subject to 3.1.3 below, you may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the seventh working day from the date you receive the ordered goods. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty, although we value any comments or suggestions that may help us improve our service.
2. Your right to cancel your contract with us for the goods you have ordered is subject to:
a. You not having worn or damaged the jewellery.
b. You not having removed any security tags from the item.
c. The item(s) cannot be engraved with a bespoke personal message, which due to their unique nature, cannot be exchanged or returned unless they are faulty.
d. All requests for return for refund must be made within 7 days of delivery, and refunds can only be made to the original purchaser’s card.
3. To cancel your contract you must e-mail us prior to returning any item. We recommend that you obtain a certificate of posting from the Post Office for any returned items, as you are responsible for the goods until they reach us.
4. Any sum debited from your credit card will be credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order only once the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you, in the way detailed above, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be credited to you.
5. If you choose to return your item for an exchange, rather than a refund, please use the returns form to specify which item you wish to receive in it’s place. If the new items are cheaper, we will refund the difference. If the items cost more, please enclose a cheque for the increase difference with your return parcel, or specify your card payment details on the returns form.
6. We will only refund the cost of postage to return an item if you have been sent incorrect goods or they are faulty or damaged. The refund will be credited to the card used for the original purchase.
2. Cancellation by us
1. We reserve the right to cancel the contract between you and us if:
1. We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
2. We do not deliver to your area; or
3. One or more of the items you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
2. If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by email or by telephone, and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
1. Our delivery options and charges are specified on our website. Certain products may incur additional delivery costs when shipped outside of the
2. We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you give us is correct and accurate and that there is somebody to take delivery of the goods from the delivery service used.
3. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been dispatched to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
4. We make no promise that materials on our website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the
5. If your order is returned to us because the courier or postal service could not complete the delivery to you for whatever reason, then you will be responsible for the repeat delivery costs.
5. Limitation of Liability
1. If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by email of the problem within 7 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
2. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 7 working days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by email or telephone at our contact address of the problem within 14 days of the date on which you ordered the goods. If you notify us of a problem under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option either:
1. to make good any shortage or non-delivery; or
2. to replace any goods that are damaged or defective; or
3. to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
3. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify us of under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under clause 5.2.3 above.
4. You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
5. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
6. We cannot be held responsible for any delays once the goods have left us and are in possession of the delivery carrier.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent by email to our contact address at 1 Market Place Carrickfergus Co.Antrim N.Ireland BT38 7AW and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
9. Third Party
1. Third Party Rights: Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
2. Third Party links: We may include hyperlinks on this Site to other websites or resources operated by parties other than Lauryn James, including advertisers. Lauryn James has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Web Site and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages nor are we responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external websites or resources.
10. Governing Law
Each and every transaction carried out is deemed to be completed within
11. Entire Agreement
2. We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published on our website. From time to time our site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
12. Trade Marks
AMOR is the operator of www.amorjewellery.co.uk. All trademarks, product names and company names or logos sited herein are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such brand names, photographs, product names or titles or copyrights and such use may constitute an infringement of the owners’ rights.
13. Events Beyond our Control
We will not be in breach of this Agreement or otherwise liable for any delay in performance if to the extent that any delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion, accident or weather conditions.
14. Our rights
We reserve the right to change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
15. VAT Registration Information
VAT number: 517 4564 39
What is your
Our basic delivery charge is free to
Standard Delivery Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded (requires signature) £2.95
All jewellery is sent via Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded unless you want to upgrade your delivery at checkout. This service usually takes 3-5 working days for delivery. However if in the unlikely event your item is not delivered within this timescale the item is not considered lost until 15 working days has passed.
Next Working Day Royal Mail Special Delivery (requires signature) £6.95
For next day delivery you must place your order with us before 12.00pm Monday to Thursday. We CANNOT guarantee next day delivery on orders placed after 12.00pm and any orders placed on a Friday.
Delivery within the EU £9.90
All jewellery will be shipped within 24 hours but can take approximately up to 4-10 working days to arrive depending on your location and your customs dept.
Delivery outside the EU (including USA, Canada & Australia)? £12.50
All jewellery will be shipped within 24 hours but can take approximately up to 7-14 working days to arrive depending on your location and your customs dept.
When and how will my order be delivered?
Delivery within the
Overseas orders are sent by airmail.
What is your returns policy and guarantee?
If your purchase does not come up to your expectations, please return it to us unused, in its original packaging and that they have not been worn, altered, damaged or engraved with tags intact for a refund or exchange.
For hygiene reasons we regret that earrings for pierced ears are non-returnable.
Our guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
Returns by post
You can return items to us by post. You will be refunded on the credit/debit card you used to place the order within 30 days. For your peace of mind and security we recommend that you send the goods back to Lauryn James 1 Market Place Carrickfergus Co.Antrim N.Ireland BT38 7AW by Royal Mail Special Delivery. This will ensure proof of delivery and insurance of the goods whilst they are in transit.
- Place the item into its original box and make sure that the parcel is sealed securely. Place a copy of the original despatch note into the parcel.
- If the item is in its original condition as we sent it to you, we will refund the payment card used to order the goods.
How long will it take to receive a refund?
Returns are processed within 48 hours of receipt at our warehouse but please allow 14 days for clearance to your card account.
If you wish to disable cookies on your computer, or choose to modify your cookies in any manner, certain materials and/or services on the website may not be available to you, the site may not recognise you when you return to the site, or retain any items you have previously placed in your basket after you leave the site. You can find out how to disable cookies for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser's menu or by visiting allaboutcookies.org.
2. Your Email Address
We never make our email list available to any 3rd parties. You can opt out of email communications from us at any time either by contacting customer services or clicking the unsubscribe link in one of our emails. If you are signed up you will receive exciting news of all that is happening at AMOR including advance notice of sales, new ranges, special offers, last order dates information and much more.
As with all your data, your email address is stored securely and treated with respect.
3. General Data Practices
By visiting Lauryn James’s website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this document. We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We keep it on a secure server and we fully comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
When you shop on our site, we will ask you to input and will collect personal information about you. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, browser type). You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
We use your information only for the following purposes:
1. Processing your orders
2. For statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its services to you
3. To administer this website
4. If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
You should also be aware that we are entitled to provide your personal and/or user information if requested to do so in relation to investigations of suspected illegal activities by the police or any other regulatory or government authority.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Lauryn James is a trading name of Labelled Love Ltd. Registered address 1 Market Place, Carrickfergus, Co.Antrim BT38 7AW. Company Registered in Northern Ireland Company no NI637360. VAT registered number 517456439.